There are quite a few things I want to do before I’m 25 – let’s see how many I can get through.
Last year, I missed the numbers game a bit, so I’ve put it back into most of the challenges this year, in one way or another.
In Canada, a toofer (like ‘two-four’) is a 24 pack of beer.
This year, I want to try 24 new beers – preferably real ale – but anything goes really.
Like a trainspotter, I’ll document and review them as I go. Providing I can remember them, that is…
24 frames a second
Well, there’s 24 frames a second in your average movie.
And I remember Dylan Williams saying that planners should try and get a strong grounding in the art of storytelling through film – as it can teach you so much about advertising, creativity and life in general.
So off the back of that, I’m going to:
1) Write a short review for 24 films (I’ll do it as I go rather than write a list, but it will be a mixture of newbies and oldies – none of which I’ve seen before.)
2) Start experimenting with film, and have something to show for it at the end of the year.
3) I might try and take a film/writers course at some point too.
24 hour Parties, people
I’ve got this idea in my head that it would be fun to fly out to a city, spend 24 hours there walking the streets then jumping on a plane back.
This year I’m going to try and do 2 of them.
After all, tourism is an adequate substitute for depth.
Finally, I’ve decided I’m going to visit 24 of the lesser known museums in London and review them. Everyone knows about the Science museum, the Natural History museum and the V&A. But what about Pollock’s Toy museum, or The Stephens Collection?
Hopefully I’ll also have some tasty souvenirs to show for the trouble.
I’ll also try and write down the top 5 interesting things I learn in each one.
Here’s the list:
1. Cartoon Museum
2. Churchill War Rooms
3. Cinema Museum
4. Dennis Sever’s House
5. Dr Johnson’s house
6. Design Museum
7. Down House
8. The Geffrye Museum
9. London Film Museum
10. London Transport Museum
11. Mansion House
12. Brunel Museum
13. Museum of the Order of St John
14. Musical Museum
15. Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret
16. Pollock’s Toy Museum
17. Rose Theatre exhibition
18. Fashion and Textile Museum
19. Royal College of Music Archives and Museum of Instruments
20. Sherlock Holmes Museum
21. Twinings Museum
22. V&A Museum of Childhood
23. Bank of England museum
24. The Stephens Museum