Yo yo yo!
1) Acoustic Attic – I’ve found a great singer songwriter called Kadesha on myspace. I’m hoping she’ll agree to open our charity Acoustic Attic on April 18th! Check her music out here. Please keep messaging me if you fancy playing at the Acoustic Attic before summer – we’re still on the lookout for May artists.
2) Istartedthefire – The Istartedthefire band alldayer was a huge success! 12 bands playing throughout the day, and the Frog & Fiddle the fullest i’ve ever seen it! I was really pleased with how the Midnight Mile set played out – after an awful soundcheck, the gig went extremely well. As Miss Powell once said, ‘A bad soundcheck = Good gig.. or something like that… i think anyway.’
3) Castlecake – The new website is coming together nicely… It’s along the same vein as the old website, but will have richer content and some flashy animation…
Secondly, we’re still on the look-out for talented graphic &/or web &/or flash designers to join our creative team. Get in touch if you think that’s you (Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) Event Management – Anyone interested in gaining some event management work experience, drop me a line at email@example.com.
And finally: This TOTALLY reminds me of my gap yah. Click here.
Stay classy San Diego, xx
Last week of term here, will be heading back to Cheltenham tomorrow for a couple of weeks…
1) Acoustic Attic – Unfortunately we’ve had our first act ‘Joshua Morgan’ drop out the 18th April charity event. Now looking to find a replacement act – if anyone you know wants to play the gig just email me a link to their myspace and we’ll go from there!
2) Istartedthefire – Sunday is the Istartedthefire band alldayer!! Should be a fantastic day – anyone that wants to pop down, doors open at 4pm. Should be pretty busy so best to head down asap if you want to get in! Midnight Mile will be playing fairly late I think…
3) Castlecake – Had a meeting with Venture Wales on Wednesday regarding the Castlecake start-up. I’ve got alot of work to do before the next meeting. Will keep you posted.
Secondly, the business cards arrived the other day! They really are sexy lil things!
Thirdly, we’re looking for some more talented people to join our creative team. Get in touch if you think that’s you (Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) Live Music Soc Battle of the Bands – Last night, we held our Battle of the Bands at Cardiff Union. A rather shocking result considering the popularity of Romantic rights
but I think Whytel
were the worthy winners. All acts were pretty tight and well rehearsed, although I must confessed I missed the Age at the heats, semis AND final! Attendance was roughly 250people – not as well as hoped but pretty sure we broke even. All’s well!
(MAN I LOVE THAT VIDEO!)
In a bizzle xx
Busy week this week!
1) Nos Da is now ‘The Acoustic Attic’! Why? Some pesky bar in Cardiff centre stole our name! The next Acoustic Attic is the 18th April. We’ve gone all ‘Mumford and Sons-y’ this month with 3 fantastic acts (click on them to listen to them on myspace): Stokes William, 3 Pairs of Shoes and Joshua Morgan. I’ll upload the poster on here soon.
2) Stella’s School Scheme website – I’m currently grappling with lots of HTML code as I get my head around the SSS website. SSS is a school sponsorship charity that my mother runs in the Gambia. I’m taking on the lovely task of updating the charity’s online content. Hopefully with more regular updates and a charity news feed, followers will be able to find out about the good work the charity does quickly and easily. The website can be found here.
3) Jim Lockey tour – Slow and steady movement regarding the Lockey tour. I’ve been chatting to a lovely new event promoter in Leamington Spa with the possibility of a Kasbah date, I’m toying with the idea of an intimate Milgi’s set in Cardiff and I’m collating a list of regular promoters toannoy nationwide. Roll on the Lockey boys album release – can’t wait!
4) Castlecake – There has been some substantial happenings in the Castlecake camp this week. Partner meeting on Tuesday, Enterprise Wales meeting on Thursday and lots of new developments in the near future. Find out more by visiting the Castlecake blog here
And Finally: Brown for Savoury, White for pudding.
I’m off to don black tie and strut around Claire’s music ball pretending to be James bond. Tara! x
Righto! Had a pretty busy week but don’t really feel that I have too much to report!
Nos Da: I’ve just booked the latest Nos Da acoustic night date at Ten Feet Tall. Keep this date free… 18th April. 18th April. 18th April. 18th April! More details to come.
Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun: Jim Lockey & TSS’
newest record will be released on May 8th… Wahey! I’ve been asked to collaborate with IStartedTheFire records in booking the CD release tour, which will take place from May 10th onwards. Watch this space. (P.s if you want to see them in your village/town/city just holla)
Midnight Mile gig: Tomorrow i’m (at long last) playing with my favourite musical family ‘Midnight Mile
‘. Cannot wait for the gig – haven’t played in a long long time but hopefully the rust will crumble off me once we’ve practised…
Come to the Frog and Fiddle
(Cheltenham) tomorrow (6th March) at 8pm if you fancy a little aural delight. If you’re reading this after the gig has happened…. you missed out!!
Meeting: Currently compiling notes for the partner meeting next Tuesday. Lots of things to get cracking on so hopefully next weeks post will be more substantial.