Monthly Archives: April 2010
10th – 16th April
3) Istartedthefire: Frustrating work! Couple of leads to follow up but very thin on the ground.
3rd April – 9th April
Yo yo yo…
Pretty hectic week! (revision still hasn’t started. ouch.)
1) Acoustic Attic –
Somehow ended up with TWO groups for the event on facebook… not a completely bad thing?! – but makes communication & promotion a little harder… apologies if anyone gets the same message twice.
Here’s the first CLICK ME and here’s the second OR ME
You’re welcome to attend either. They’re both at the same time. At the same place.
2) Castlecake –
Just got back from an exciting pitch at The Culture Group in Cardiff. Our storyboards were approved and we were given the all clear to continue to production. Producing what??
We’ll be producing a series of viral shorts for their client ‘Live UnLtd.‘
Here’s a quick preview from our pre-production.
3) Istartedthefire Booking –
Still very slow. Venue promoters just won’t take risks!
Currently speaking to Brian at the Marrs Bar. Hopefully will be able to secure a Worcestershire gig with him…
AND FINALLY: I like this piano riff
27th March – 2nd April
Fairly busy week – revision for finals should have started… but haven’t.
1) Acoustic Attic –
- 3 x Acts: Confirmed.
- Venue: Confirmed.
- Sound Engineer: Confirmed.
- Poster: Produced.
- Promotion: Needs a kick up the backside!
Here’s the poster:
Please tell your friends. I’ll whack the facebook group up on here once it is born.
2) Istartedthefire: Very slow this week. Spoken to around fifteen promoters with pretty shoddy results.
Rant ahoy: So many promoters expect bands to be able to sell x-million tickets before they let them play – it bypasses the point of a promoter in the first place. The risk of live music should lie with the promoter, as they are also the ones who stand to make money from ticket sales. Ergh!
3) Castlecake: Currently in talks with some very lovely people over at the culture group. More to come!
4) I really should start some revision!
And Finally: Click here
Love love love! xx